Tommy Joen haastattelu

1) How has this sudden rise to fame been?
It's weird, to call it fame kind of depends on who you ask... Whatever it is, it's been amazing! I've worked hard in bands trying to make it and live as a musician and it wasn't easy at all. I never gave up because I knew it would happen someday. A lot of people close to me picked at me and gave me a lot of shit for not going to college, getting a "real job" and "acting my age". I never let it get to me. If anything, it pushed me harder to prove them wrong. It's a great feeling actually! I am very appreciative for what I have today.
2) If you had to pick 9 people (dead or alive) to have dinner with whom would they be?
Hmmm..... would be Clint Eastwood, Hunter S. Thompson, John Wayne, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jim Morrison, Robert Smith and Samuel Jackson. That would be an odd dinner party, haha.
3) Have you ever written a song completely on your own? If so was it with or without lyrics and what did it sound like?
Yes, I write here and there. It usually comes out very slow and depressing. I don't mean for it to, but I've been told stuff I write is very depressing. I take it as a compliment though. If it made you feel anything then that's the point.
4) What were the top 3 places/venues you played in?
New Zealand, Milan and Hawaii. NZ was the night of my birthday, which was an amazing night. Milan because it's beautiful there and I've always wanted to see it, and Hawaii because I love it there and I got to be with my family.
5) You’re a big John Wayne fan. What is you favorite John Wayne movie? And why is he your hero?
Hondo is my favorite Duke film. I just really took a liking to all of his western characters growing up. I admire the whole demeanor and the way the Duke carried himself.
6) What made you do a NOH8 photo and how did you get involved?
I've always supported and wanted to do a photo someday. Oddly enough, Jeff and Adam(the photographer) sent me DM on twitter asking to do a shoot and I was very excited to do it. I'm amazed with how it turned out and I was floored by the reaction. I'm so glad everyone liked it. I've kept in contact with them and plan on doing more stuff together. They're super sweet dudes and I have a lot of respect for what they're doing and will do whatever I can to help out.
7) What’s the best part about fame? What’s the worst part?
I haven't really noticed anything bad... people can be a bit intrusive at times, like with personal stuff. I know none of it comes from a bad place at all so I don't let it bother me... plus I know it comes with the territory. The best part is getting to do the only thing I know how to do and love to do for a living! It's really an amazing feeling getting dressed up with all my great friends and performing on stage, knowing that it's making such an impact on people and then getting to talk to fans after the show and know that you're doing your job well. It's very rewarding. Plus, I couldn't ask to be with a better group of people. We are all so comfortable with each other, they're all like family. I'm honored to be a part of Adams band and to get to play with Monte, Isaac, and Cam.
8) Who was your idol growing up?
Jim Morrison, Dave Gahan and Martin Gore. The main thing I listen to in music is the lyrics, even before the guitar. I guess it's because I wish I was able to come up with it, haha.
9) If you weren't a musician what would you be doing?
Hmm... couldn't say because I never learned how to do anything else. I guess the "back up plan" parents like to bash into their kid's heads when they decide they want to play music or be an artist for a living is a logical idea... but to me it's kind of self-sabotage.
10) Besides twitter and youtube what are your favorite time-killers on the internet?
I use the watch instantly feature on Netflix ALL the time. That's about it. I don't really use the internet for anything else.
 
(c) Ashley Willingham (@asherly89)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti