Boy George puhuu Adamista haastattelussa


THR: Speaking of Idol, what's your impression of Adam Lambert?

George: He came to a party I had in London and was lovely. I think he has a great voice and an incredible range. It's phenomenal. It's special. And I think the glam thing adds to that. It gives him an edge.

THR: Since Idol, Adam has been pretty open about his sexuality, do you wish you could have been more up front about yours at the height of your career?

George: I think you do things in your own time. My family knew I was gay when I was 15, long before I got famous. But it's a very different thing coming out to your family and coming out to the universe. That's a big step. Maybe without me, there wouldn't be Adam Lambert. Without Bowie there, wouldn't be me. Without Quentin Crisp, there wouldn't have been Bowie. So everything is part of a big daisy chain. I think I did what I did at the time. I think it was powerful in some respect. A lot of people come up to me all the time and say thank you for helping me to be who I am. So my thing wasn't just about sexuality. My thing was about anyone who felt different; anyone who felt out of place. Being gay was one part of it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti